Saturday, January 29, 2011

25/365

Day 25.

Today I am thankful for Morning. I would rather get up at 6am everyday and see the sun rise than stay up late. I have always been a morning person, and I think I will always be. When I was born there was a time when a nurse came into the hospital room early in the morning and had to take my mother's water away, because she couldn't have any more before the c-section for my birth. My mother had had a very hard birth with my brother Andrew and was NOT looking forward to having another baby. but that nurse came in and said "get a drink, sweatheart, it is morning and I have to take your water!" The moment my mother heard morning the song line "Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!" Ever since then that has been our song. As I watch the sun rise I am thankful for morning by morning new mercies I see and isn't every morning a new mercy?

No comments: